Engineering Design and Sizing Software
KLM Technology Group has developed
to assist design engineers, operations and maintenance personnel in designing many of the equipment types in Refining, off shore production and chemical plant unit operations.
Engineering Design Guidelines are typically a collection of multiple industry references which need to be reviewed by an operations personnel or design engineer when designing or specifying a piece of equipment such as a control valve, relief valve or heat exchanger.
The references at times can almost seem to contradicted each other. There is a vast amount of engineering hours spent each year in reviewing these industry references and very often no good recommendation is developed from the reference review.
To help simplify this process, we have reviewed the industry references and have developed guidelines for engineers to do Preliminary Designs and Process Specification Sheets. The final design must always be guaranteed for the service selected by the manufacturing vendor, but these guidelines will greatly reduce the amount of up front engineering hours that are required to develop the final design. The guidelines are a training tool for young engineers and a resource for engineers with experience.
There are some very low cost guidelines and programs, sometimes even free, provided by the equipment vendors. Let the buyer beware, many times these guidelines and programs tend to pick their brand as the best choice - good for the vendor, maybe not so good for the buyer.
Current Engineering Design and Sizing Software
- Piping Hydraulics Line Design and Sizing Software (Ready for Purchase)
- Instrumentation Control Valve Design and Sizing Software (Ready for Purchase)
- Physical and Thermodynamic Properties Software (Ready for Purchase)
- Thermal Relief Valve Sizing Software (In Development)
- Flow Restriction Orifice Plate Design and Sizing Software (Ready for Purchase)
- Instrumentation Orifice Plate Design and Sizing Software (In Development)
- Safety Pressure Relief Valve Design and Sizing Software (In Development)
- Flare Design and Sizing Software (Ready for Purchase)
Engineering Sizing Software
These are some of the best stand alone sizing programs available.
- Liquid and vapor flow options.
- Multiple units of measure choices - mass or volume
- Pure components to choose and properties are calculated at your chosen temperature and pressure
- The ability to choose mixtures based on your chosen percentage, and properties are calculated at your chosen temperate and pressure.
- Engineering Design Sizing Program - USD $ 599.95
- One Engineering Design Guideline and Excel Spreadsheet - USD $599.95
- Five or more Engineering Design Guidelines - USD $2249.95 (10% Discount)
Free Units Conversion Software
KLM Technology Group has developed some free software for the Public
Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org